Thursday, August 20, 2009

All In The Family

Jewelry has always been a fetish of mine and the reason for that may boil down to genes! My mother worked in the fine jewelry industry before retiring (to spend more time with moi :)!) for 30 years.
Like my mom, I'm a gold girl, although I don't discriminate! Right now I'm loving rose gold, it is more feminine than yellow gold but equally classic. Even though I love all jewelry (who doesn't!) rings are my favorite, with bracelets in a close second. While my collection is vast, I'll share with you a few pieces that I'm wearing now.

(L to R) The metal ring is actually two pieces connected by a chain to be worn on the middle finger and the pinky finger that I got from LF in the city (New York City, that is). The stack (faux) diamond ring behind that was purchased from a street vendor outside of Intermix in the city as well. I absolutely love the amethyst (my birthstone) and diamond ring, which was given to me by my boyfriend for my birthday in the most romantic way (I was still in school in upstate New York at the time and he came and surprised me)! The one piece stacked ring is one of my favorites, stolen of course from mommy dearest, as are the diamond bands in front of it. The gold rose ring was given to me by my aunt, it was her mother in laws and she had it sized for me as a gift, a true antique. The rings beside it are from Nicole Richie's new jewelry line, House of Harlow. The thick ring is the Rose Gold Thick Stacking Ring and the thin one (which I can't find online anymore) is the Diamond Gold Thin Stacking Ring. Last but not least are, (more) stack rings that were also purchased at LF, the amber stone goes with everything and you can wear one by itself for an understated look or all together to make a statement. As I'm sure you can see, stack rings are my favorite (at least right now!) because you can mix and match them to your outfit or mood.

A few rings I'm looking to add to my collection are from the designer Made Her Think. What I love about Meredith Kahn's line is her eclectic designs; she taps into her imagination to create unique pieces that can't be found elsewhere. My favorite piece is one that my friend Lindsi purchased a few weeks ago at the Kiki De Montparnasse store (where my friend Dara is a buyer) in SoHo, called the Antique Rose Gold Double Band Chain Ring, which retails for around $1,200. For the more economical option, you could purchase the silver version, for $132.

Made Her Think takes risk like producing pieces in metals other than your typical gold and silver, such as rhodium, oxidated silver, and brass.

I also love the Knuckle Buster Ring with Pyramid Totem, Talon Knuckle Buster Ring, and the Siren Ring in rose gold or cooper. What are your thoughts on this line that I'm lovin'?


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, just saw your post, made me think rings are gorgeous but a little pricey. here's one that's only 39.99 and looks pretty nice from etsy in the case you were still looking for one...
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/91369131/love-slave-ring-of-gold-toned-metal

    ReplyDelete