Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Eye Care

Even though I'm only 22, I'd like to get a head start on the anti-aging process. The first signs of aging are seen on the forehead, frown lines and around the eye area where crows feet can develop as early as the mid-twenties! In addition to taking the general precautions like wearing sunscreen, practicing a healthy lifestyle (e.g. not smoking cigarettes, drinking only in moderation, getting enough sleep every night, exercising and maintaining a wholesome diet), us ladies have to take advantage of the beauty products out there that help us keep our age under wraps!

The first anti-aging product that I purchased was Bliss All-Around Eye Cream, I used it routinely for months until I foolishly left it behind at my boyfriend's apartment, who decided that he needed it more than I did. Being the generous person I am, I let him keep it... after all he is four years older and looks his age, while I still get mistaken for a pre-teen (weird, I know).

Nonetheless, I am ready to try a new cream, preferably one that prevents fine lines, eliminates dark circles and has a de-puffing agent. Ideally I'd like for the cream to be specifically for youthful skin, skin that still sees a blemish every once in a while and thus a cream that is not too heavy. I'm not looking for anything that will break the bank (we are in a recession, aren't we?), but definitely something that is highly recommended.

Here are the contenders:

Line lines - CHECK
Dark Circles - CHECK
Puffiness - CHECK
This seems to be an all around good eye-cream. Received 4 stars out of 5 from 78 reviews on Sephora. I have to say though , I have not had the best luck with philosophy products... perhaps this one could be the exception?

This product, likewise got rave reviews and relieves all of the symptoms of aging I've discussed, however this seems to address more mature skin than my own. The the price is also little bit steep but if it lasts a while, it could be worth it... hmm.

The name almost won me over instantly - "Age Delay," exactly what I'm looking for! To my dismay, there are only 7 reviews on Sephora and even less on other websites. Even though the reviews are positive (4 out of 5 stars, 5 out of 5 stars), I'm not sure if I am comfortable relying on so few opinions, especially if I'm going to be shelling out $65 for .5 ounces!

Another 4 out of 5 cream eye cream that addresses all of my eye area concerns, but this time with 301 reviews! This cream is formulated without potentially harmful chemicals like parabens, sulfates, and dyes and it dubs as a make-up primer, not too shabby.

With so many options, how can a gal choose? Although many rely on reviews, how sure can you be without trying it out yourself? You rarely know whose behind the review, which is why I'm reluctant to trust them. Is this person older or younger? What is their skin like? Are their concerns and needs the same as mine? What is their nationality and race? And even worse, is this a real consumer or someone from the company that is posing as a consumer? All of these factors affect why certain products may work for one person while disappointing another.

I'll keep you posted on my decision and give you my own personal review. Till then, what would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment